What is Stump Grinding?
Your tree surgeon will call recommend stump grinding to remove the tree roots once a tree has been removed to stop the tree from growing back or to create more space in your garden, tree stump removal also prevents the stump from attracting pests or disease.
So, what exactly is stump grinding?
Your local professional stump grinder will grind a stump into wood chips with a piece of heavy-duty machinery, the grinder is powered by a petrol engine and consists of a hydraulically controlled arm and a steel cutting wheel. The cutting wheel is located at the end of the arm and is covered in sharp, tungsten teeth. The wheel spins at a very high speed, allowing it to cut through and grind the tree stump into reusable mulch. Grinders can be dangerous and should only be operated by an experienced professional.
Why Stump Grinding?
A tree is connected to the root system and can survive after it has been cut down, removing the stump requires a hole far bigger than the circumference of the stump and will often require a crane to extract, which can become costly not to mention messy. Your local tree surgeon or arborist will tell you that removing the tree stump is an important part of tree removal, the safest most cost-effective way to remove a tree stump is by a grinder. A grinder can chop away root matter digging into the soil down to 30cm of depth; in most cases, leaving you with a hole that can easily be filled up with the wood chips that was once your stump.
How We Grind…
- Once your tree/trees have been removed it’s time to call your Local Stump Grinder!
- We make sure any rocks and debris are cleared from around the base of the stump and that as much of the tree has been removed as possible.
- Our team inspects the area for any likely underground services then place our custom-made protective shielding to stop any flying debris and to ensure a safe working environment.
- After determining the size of the stump, the accessibility, and any hazards we bring the stump grinder on-site.
- The grinders teeth are then set over the stump, then the grinder is manually swung over the stump and starts to grind away at the wood/root system.
- The wood is broken down by the grinder, turning it into premium mulch drawn from organic wood and soil from your garden.
- The mulch will be used to fill the hole left by the stump, creating an ideal site for new seedlings and plant life.
Gold Coast Stump Grinders
At Gold Coast Stump Grinders, we have different sized machines, our smaller machine can squeeze through tight entrances and accesses sites where a digger or crane may have difficulty, our monster machine can rid you of the largest stumps. We take care of your property and safely guard any structures close by such as walls, windows, or fences, we will leave your property looking better than before by removing any debris, wood matter or offcuts and taking them with us.